What information do we collect?
A key element of the regulation is transparency in terms of providing accessible information about how we process personal information. As a service provider we hold and process individuals’ data. The kind of data we hold varies depending on the service we have been engaged to provide, please see the examples below (this list is not exhaustive):
Name, address, date of birth, contact numbers, bank account details, emails, letters, PPS number, emergency contact details, key holder names, tenant details, and other personable identifiable information.
Data collection via our website
When you visit our website, the following information is retained about that visit:
- IP address of the visitor’s web server;
- Top-level domain name used (for example .ie, .com, .org, .net);
- Google analytics which shows the traffic of visitors around this web site (for example pages accessed and documents downloaded);
- Web browser used by website visitor;
- Operating system used by website visitor.
We make no attempt to identify individual visitors, or to associate the technical details listed above with any individual. It is our policy never to disclose such technical information in respect of individual website visitors to any third party unless obliged to disclose such information by law. The technical information will be used only by Borgman Earls, and only for statistical and other administrative purposes.
This website uses Google AdWords & Facebook Remarketing Tags
You can opt-out of remarketing by visiting the links below:
For Google: https://support.google.com/ads/answer/2662922?hl=en
For Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ads/website_custom_audiences/
How do we use collected information?
We use the information we have (subject to choices you make where appropriate) as described below:
- To provide letting and property management services;
- To help us to monitor and improve the services we offer, including the website;
- To contact you for administration reasons related to the services which we provide
- To invite you to participate in surveys about our services (participation is always voluntary).
Where we wish to use your personal information in any other way, we will ensure that we seek your consent for the use of your personal data for purposes other than those listed in this document.
How do we protect data?
Borgman Earls Property Consultants employs high standards of security in order to protect the personal data under its care. Appropriate security measures are taken to protect against unauthorised access to or disclosure of any personal data held by Borgman Earls Property Consultants in its capacity as Data Controller. Access to and management of customer records is limited to those employees who have appropriate authorisation and password access.
Borgman Earls Property Consultants ensures that the personal data it processes is relevant to the purposes for which this data is collected. Data which is not relevant to such processing will not be acquired or maintained. Any information provided to us is held securely and is not shared with third parties unless we have your permission, or it is required for your service.
Who do we share this information with and why?
Your information is only shared where necessary for us to carry our business service or to comply with laws and regulations that apply to us. Any third parties who are given access to your data in the course of providing services on our behalf are subject to strict contractual obligations to ensure that your data is protected in compliance with data protection legislation and is not used for any other purpose.
The main categories of Data Processors are:
- Database Management Systems providers
- IT Services providers
- Utility Transfer Services providers
- Maintenance contractors
- Emergency Service Providers
Third party information you share with us
When providing Borgman Earls Property Consultants with any personal information relating to a third party you must notify the third party that you are providing their personal information to us and seek their permission to do so. Any information provided to us, must be, to the best of your knowledge, accurate and up to date.
Lawful bases for processing
We collect, use and share the data that we have in the ways described below:
- is necessary to fulfil our Terms and Conditions (contractual obligation);
- consistent with your consent, which you may revoke at any time;
- as necessary to comply with our legal obligations;
- as necessary for our (or others’) legitimate interests, including our interests in providing an innovative, personalized, safe, and profitable service to our clients, unless those interests are overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms that require protection of personal data.
Data retention and deletion
We retain your personal data for as long as needed to provide our services. This includes data you provided to us and data generated or inferred from your use of our services. We will not retain data longer than is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected or as required by applicable laws or regulations. Generally, the data will be kept for up to 7 years after the completion of our services due to the legal requirements of the sector which we must comply with.
What are your rights?
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have the right to access, rectify, port and erase your data. You also have the right to object to and restrict certain processing of your data. Please note that these rights apply in limited circumstances as provided for by the GDPR.
The data controller responsible for your information is Borgman Earls Property Consultants, which you can contact by post or email:
Data Protection Officer
Borgman Earls Property Consultants
11 Herbert Street, Dublin 2
By email – with subject address as ‘Data protection Officer’
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with Borgman Earls Property Consultants’ lead supervisory authority, the Irish Data Protection Commissioner, or your local supervisory authority.